Megan Campbell Carter

Life Adventures Never Stop

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Driver's License Please

When you get a letter in the mail in April telling you to renew your drivers license by your birthday, do it!! Even if you're getting married in a month from your birthday and have to change your name, DO IT!!

Today after other mishaps, we finally went to close on our condo. We were like pros, John and I signing our names at the same time like there was nothing to it. After about 50 papers (no joke!!) we were done!! Lisa our Escrow Officer says "OK, I just need a current license and another form of ID." (Do you see where this is going?) We pull out our stuff and I then remember......"uh, my drivers licence expired 2 days ago on my birthday." I think Lisa and Wyatt's face both dropped (who would actually drive without a current license?) John couldn't stop laughing. Had they informed me we had to have it....I would have done it!! Turns out that without a current expiration, they couldn't get everything in. So, we first drive down to the UCCU to get money wired, I'm positive that when she asked to see my license, John about wet himself. He's going to have fun with this one. Next to the DLB (where luckily my friend Shelly works, so it was a little bit faster) and an HOUR or more later, I had a temporary 6 months license, which I then take back to AF. It was quite the eventful day, but we did get it done and we did close on our condo.
All I can say is "someday we'll laugh at this" and oh, when people tell you to just wait a month to get something renewed cause you're getting married...don't listen....cause you never know when you'll actually need it!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

of course that has to happen right?! Life would be boring without that kind of stuff happening! Love the invite you guys make a cute couple. I'm still trying to figure out a way to get there, hope I can make it!
Aub

June 10, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home