Megan Campbell Carter

Life Adventures Never Stop

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Rock, Paper, MOVE?!?

Whatever happened to just regular Rock, Paper Scissors? I was watching my kids after snack the other day, just waiting for the a couple of stragglers, when I noticed them forming partners and groups to play Rock, Paper, Scissors. Who knew that all my 5 year old kids new this game? I have no idea where they learned it, but they sure do have it down. Not only that.....they've invented like 5 different versions! Lava, Fire, Bomb, Spiderman and MOVE?---apparently when you hold both fists up-it's called a move and it blocks everything. It made me laugh so hard watching them play. Ahh....the days of childhood.

On another note, I went to my first Soccer game Saturday night. I had gotten John some Real Salt Lake tickets for his birthday, so we went to the game last night. It was way fun, despite the fact I was pretty sick and pretty grumpy before it started. But sometimes that happens when you're sick, stressed and stuff. Needless to say, I had a blast. I really like Soccer. It's not as long and boring as other sports are. For reals. It was fun to see the LA Galaxy team and to be sitting so close to the field. I saw David Beckham and Landon Donovan play and they are good. Although LA doesn't have a very good defense. So, the game score came out tied. 2-2...but only because RSL let Beckham get 2 shots. Oh well, it was a spectacular game and I had so much fun! I also love spending time with John doing things he enjoys and soccer is definitely a passion of his. So, I'm now a bigger soccer fan than I used to be and I'm ok with that. I really do like it. I've also been watching more of the Jazz games lately.....whether it's because my obsessed brother rants about them all the time or because by the time John gets off work, we're too tired to do anything besides watch the games....I don't know, but I'm excited to watch the Jazz take on the Lakers in Round 2.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystal said...

my kids played rock paper scissors train today (they battle partners, then make trains and the trains face off, then they do a "victory lap" around the gym). It's so funny to watch... one new kid got so into it that he threw a boy against the wall when he kept losing!

ALSO, where is the engagement blog post? A text message will simply not suffice with all this great technology :o) And I'm sure you've had nothing better to do but blog since getting engaged, right?!

May 5, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home