Megan Campbell Carter

Life Adventures Never Stop

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL, I'M TAKEN!!!!! I AM ENGAGED!!!

SO I'M ENGAGED!!! YAY!!!! HERE IS THE FIRST PICTURE RIGHT AFTER HE PROPOSED. (I WAS REALLY SICK THIS WEEKEND, HENCE THE PJ'S & BLANKET). THAT IS THE COUCH WE WANT TO STEAL FROM MY BROTHER THAT INVOLVED MANY PARTS OF OUR RELATIONSHIP. HAHA! GOTTA LOVE IT!!
Here is John later, after he'd already proposed demonstrating what he was going to do. WAA-AAAHHH! I was laughing so hard. I stinking love the ring, it's perfect. His good friend Jon was disappointed in him for not actually doing it when he proposed in the first place. I would have been fine either way. :)
Here is a picture of the ring on my hand, holding John's hand. Yeah....he has a big thumb. It's also very hard to get any good pics of the ring. It's really cool when you look at it from the side in real life. Good Job John! 100% exactly what I wanted.
John loves making silly faces. We're calling some family to tell them we're officially engaged! It was pretty late, so some people didn't get phone calls about it. lol. Also, I specified no flowers or anything like that, so it was super simple. Just like I wanted the ring to be!
The picture below is right after he proposed as well. Remember how I was super sick that weekend. Don't I look it? I was totally in my pajamas and everything, wrapped up in a blanket. It was honestly the greatest part of the story.....which will come later.John telling his one and only brother Scott that we're getting married. John had to tell him first, because when Scott proposed to his wife last fall, John was in the car before hand, so he was the first to know. Just returning the brotherly love. He's stinking adorable!! I love him!!
So, after a very long wait, I'm very excited to be engaged. The wedding is July 2nd and I can't even begin to express how excited I am. I love John and spending a little amount of time with him everyday is not enough, especially with our opposite work schedules. Anyway, now to curb the curiousness of everyone. John and I decided that what is cheesy to some people, may not be cheesy to others, so I'm going to be very limited in my proposal story.
THE PROPOSAL STORY
John came over and sneakily went to the basement to hide the ring. He told me he was trying to find a movie and I was sort of suspicious, because I was positive I'd returned the movie. After about an hour of looking at houses online, we decided it was time to read our scriptures before he went home. It was of course hot in my house, so I suggested we go downstairs (which is what he wanted). Our basement smells, so we have like 10 candles down there and we always light them when we go down, so John lit them and sat on the couch. We started talking and he pulled out his scriptures. We talked for a minute before we were going read and then he stood up to give me a hug (which I though was strange too, since we were both sitting on the couch already and he's super tall). Needless to say, after the hug, he got down on his knee and pulled out the hidden ring from under the pillows. I believe my exact words were "you punk, I knew you were up to something, I can't believe you." He asked, I said of course and the rest is history. I didn't even cry!! I was so proud of myself! We had some Banana Nilla Parfaits to celebrate and went to my parents to hear a story about my grandma's ring and show mine off to my family. Oh and the ring hasn't been sized, so it's really big, which has made for some funny pictures and stories.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger The Christensens said...

Congrats!!!

May 6, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger SNSsoup said...

I am so happy it's finally OFFICIAL! I asked your mom yesterday if she had told anyone since she ACTUALLY can now- and surprisingly she hadn't!!! Maybe that's because she's already told everyone- hmmmm. Anyhow- we're happy for both you and John and I think from the details you gave us his proposal sounded cute. By the way- I made an observation tonight- you've said before that you have small hands, that's why your ring is so big- well I think it must be a Campbell thing- cuz Spencer has small hands and tiny Hobbit feet too!!! Seriously- I put my foot up to his tonight and my foot was BIGGER than his- and I certainly don't have large feet- size 7- judge for yourself. Congrats!

May 7, 2008 at 3:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats! Yay! Super! Awesome! Way Cool! I am so happy for you!

May 7, 2008 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey I just made my blog private. If you want to be able to read it email me at srhanthony@yahoo.com.

May 8, 2008 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Teisha said...

wow!! I think that that is the most romatic thing that you could say to someone right before they propose!! hehe... but it was totally you!!

May 8, 2008 at 2:48 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I am so happy for you! If you need anything let me know!

May 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home