Megan Campbell Carter

Life Adventures Never Stop

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

School Lunch Anyone?

Today, I forgot my lunch. That was a little bit funny and I don't do it very often. So I figured I'd just hurry and grab school lunch when some of my kids went down. I looked on the menu; Burritos or Subs. Well, since my lunch is usually a burrito (seriously, everyday) I decided to get a sub sandwich. I ran down to the lunchroom and got in line behind one of my girls. I tell the lady my name, grab 2 chocolate milks (they are the best!!! and teachers always get 2) and wait in line. I'm chatting with some other students of mine and I get up to the counter. "I'd like the sandwich today please." The lunch lady says "Sorry, we're out, that was the last one."

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!! " I was crushed!! I ran over to Yadira (my student) and said..".give me your sandwich and you can have this burrito!" Kids always do what there teacher tells them, right? To no avail, I was stuck with the burrito. (and really, I didn't run over to her, I just thought that) But I almost yelled it out. That's ridiculous! I just paid $2.5o for the same thing I eat everyday for like .40 cents. I felt disgusted that I had to eat another burrito (that wasn't good) and there was no ranch for my fresh broccoli. What a sad day?!?! ....2.50 for one .25 cent cookie and two .25 cent milks and a disgusting burrito that I didn't even eat all of. 2.50!?!?! I won't be forgetting my lunch anymore.....but yum....that chocolate milk was good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home